Warning Phone number scams and blackmail

TacoTimmy

Actually a Chalupa
Staff member
FCN Regular
There is a group of criminals harvesting phone numbers from USA FCN users. They barely speak English so are pretty easy to spot.

If you give your # to them you will receive a picture of an underage girl in a text message. You will then get a call that looks like it is coming from your local police department, a "Detective" saying you are in big trouble unless you pay. Don't fall for it.

They will also sell your number to other scammers. You will get lots of "Click my link" type texts for months/years to come.

We've done everything we can to limit these scams. In the end it is up to you. Don't give your number out. Don't fall for these scams. Report the scammers to the mod team.

There is a group of criminals harvesting phone numbers from USA FCN users. They barely speak English so are pretty easy to spot.

If you give your # to them you will receive a picture of an underage girl in a text message. You will then get a call that looks like it is coming from your local police department, a "Detective" saying you are in big trouble unless you pay. Don't fall for it.

They will also sell your number to other scammers. You will get lots of "Click my link" type texts for months/years to come.

We've done everything we can to limit these scams. In the end it is up to you. Don't give your number out. Don't fall for these scams. Report the scammers to the mod team.

They tried this on me last year, told me he was a Texas Ranger and I had sent my phone number to a underage girl and if I wanted to avoid prosecution I would have to go to Walgreens and buy gift cards and send him the numbers from, one thing I can't stand is a child molester so I knew this was untrue, he then proceeded to tell me a warrant would be issued for my arrest if I didn't, I told him this was a scam and to come get me, I then laughed so hard he broke character and laughed also. If you aren't breaking the law you have nothing to fear, don't give these lowlife piece of shits a damn thing.

Last edited:
I'd firstly like to say, I fully support FCN's stand against scams and similar. I see people constantly being blocked for similar offenses however, perhaps you should look at your own house-keeping.

The advertising I realise is necessary to keep FCN free however, the same rules you apply in chat dont seem to be self-governing.

FCN.JPG

One of your advertisers

Sincerely

Lakeside.

Thanks for the heads up. We don't directly sell the ad spots, it's through an agency. Can you give me the whole URL being flagged by your software? I'll let them know someone shady's on their ad network and ask these ads no longer be served at FCN.

The security software didn't need me to actually click the add. I don't know how this stuff works but it somehow detected it on its own.

The warning message is popping up constantly every five minutes or less while I am logged in. I guess when the page refreshes, the security suite feels it has to warn me again

Ls x

The security software wont let me copy-paste it.

I'll screen shot the warning page but it will be in 2 parts as its too long to fit on the screen in one picture. You'll have to find where it over laps to get the entire URL

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

Hope that helps

Ls x

It's completely safe, just that so many users flagged it so the software put a warning on it. The domain to the specific ad was changed.

Back