Error trying to login to chat

Seems like your account has corrupted on the system. Only sysadmin can help you now.

@Azu I'm afraid so, yes. :( I've logged out. Logged in. De-cookied and cached. Rebooted. Updated. Turned the internet on and off and on again.

Short of casting a magical spell calling on the spirits of my ancestors for help, I've done all suggested above.

@xyzrp Say prayers to the sysadmin Gods for me please.

I've had the exact same problem, and tried all the same things. I've just sent a support message in. Did you ever get this resolved?

I am having the same problem. Followed the email link, then log into chat and it says authentication error

As for kitten-kapow, there was an issue with allowing hyphens in usernames. I can change your username to have an underscore instead. Just verify that you have read and understand, and I'll do that, and then, next time you log in, if it doesn't work, try it with the underscore instead.

As for the rest of you, it's not that particular issue, so... don't know yet. I'll see what I can find out.

One thing for all of you to try: If you have any "funny" locations set, like TheRoman's "Cloud 9", try setting them to your two-character country code (ie US, UK, DE)

I'm a new user also getting this problem. I assumed it was because Ive only recently signed up and authenticated my email. Will keep trying

I'm a new user also getting this problem. I assumed it was because Ive only recently signed up and authenticated my email. Will keep trying
I have the same problem when using my mobile phone at work, might be better off logging on as a guest if it´s a location thing or you are using free wifi.

If you´re using your home network it could simply be a network problem.

Pay attention. Take out all that nonsense out of your location field.

I hope I´m in the right place for help with this one.
It´s been bugging me for ages.
I have no problem logging in but I find I can only log into my profile page by either going through the forums or by clicking on another users profile and then my name.
As this activity appears on the other persons alerts i look like a stalker lol.

PS: If you need a stalker I know where you can find one lol

You should be logging in through forums. And if you STAY logged in, on the same device/browser, without clearing any data, it will always log you into chat. Always.

When are people going to read the fact that this forum isn't for help with chat?

You should be logging in through forums. And if you STAY logged in, on the same device/browser, without clearing any data, it will always log you into chat. Always.

When are people going to read the fact that this forum isn't for help with chat?

I assumed as this was Amateur Helpdesk and the thread was titled Error trying to login to chat that I was in the right place to throw it out there.

Lesson learnt.

I assumed as this was Amateur Helpdesk and the thread was titled Error trying to login to chat that I was in the right place to throw it out there.

Lesson learnt.
Forgot to add, I do log in through forums, the problem I failed to explain properly was in accessing my profile from chat, you know the box with the spanner or is it the one with the one with the cog. It gives me the option of "Logout" but only sometimes grants me access to "My Profile", therefore I have to do the stalker thing.

Once again I apologise if my petty problem dragged you away from more important stuff.
I´ll try to pay more attention in future.

I do actually follow the proscribed method for logging in, but somehow when I´m actually chatting, I can´t always access my profile from my own little box in the corner.
As this is supposed to be the amateur helpdesk I didn´t really expect you to take an interest in the day to day small things,(no sarcasm intended).
I was just putting it out there as perhaps someone else had been having the same problem.

Help
Ask questions for your peers to answer. This is NOT for FCN support and queries made here will not be answered by FCN staff unless they are feeling exceptionally generous.

I don't see such option. You may have an outdated chat applet in your data.

options.png

Back