Muted

Eman00

I sent a website link to a friend in PM and I am now muted. How long does it take? Can anyone help?

That's not a bug or error. URL's can potentially be treated as spam by system's anti-spam implements. Mute duration varies with multiple factors. You'll have to wait it out.

Mute duration depends on multiple factors. You'll have to wait it out.

Rude @ deleted posts.

Moderators don't live in chat. We are normal humans with normal lives and jobs. It could be a long time before we can get to chat and some of us go days without logging into chat.

Rude @ deleted posts.

Moderators don't live in chat. We are normal humans with normal lives and jobs. It could be a long time before we can get to chat and some of us go days without logging into chat.

I don’t think mentioning a moderator means I demand them to reply on the spot. I mentioned hoping they would be online then I deleted it when it was no longer needed.

Rude is when you attack someone who did not treat you or others disrespectfully when they are just seeking help and did not bother anyone. Specially when your feedback had no specific information.

Thank you.

Same thing happened to me just now, i got muted with no warning for posting two harmless links in PRIVATE!! How's that SPAM!?!? Why does it take action in private, there's a "block user" function, isn't it? Why there's no warning if is not allowed, and really, two links....?!

why on earth is there no information on mutes? no timer, no stated time set... do I just give up on the whole account and make a new one if im muted?

Same thing happened to me just now, i got muted with no warning for posting two harmless links in PRIVATE!! How's that SPAM!?!? Why does it take action in private, there's a "block user" function, isn't it? Why there's no warning if is not allowed, and really, two links....?!
Website is protecting itself and the user base.

Because spammers and scammers would abuse that information.
How would that be possible, if someone tells me i'm banned for x reason and for certain duration? Why does everyone else has to be treated like spammers and scammers? Seems highly exaggerated to ban people for posting 2 links in private!

Website is protecting itself and the user base.
I don't feel protected considering i did nothing wrong, i feel upset and frustrated because my convsersations were closed by a mindless drone. That was aggravated because i got no informations about the duration and stuff!

The website is very high-traffic, majority being adult content consumers who are men. That factor alone is what draws spammers and scammers. Anti-spam/scam measures are unfortunately a necessary implement in order to protect the user base and discourage such activity.

This is a standard practice across the web and methods employed, including duration of active response by the system, will not be discussed by any website protecting their assets and user base.

Remove your individual self from the equation and think about millions of users who visit FCN every year.

Our default replies to ban complaints:
If you're banned, file a ban appeal with requested information.
If you know you violated the TOU, take a week off.
You agree to the TOU when you register.
You get to view simplified version of the TOU every single time you log into chat.
If you logged into chat, you've clicked on "I agree" checkbox.

If you don't agree with any private website's ideology, rules, how it looks, feels, how it operates, etc, feel free to join another service with different rules and level of spam/scam control.

This website has been around since 1998, I think, and FCN clearly knows what it's doing.

Remove your individual self from the equation and think about millions of users who visit FCN every year.
That's exactly what i was talking about, you just failed to see it. There's milions of users and like how many are spammers/scammers? 10%? 20% 50% ?!? Then you have to treat everyone like they're criminals ?? What is the point of bashing everyone for some bad apples? Like ok, there's a block button, why monitoring "private" chats with bots? Why not consider the lenght of the conversation for example, that went both ways, and ban someone because they posted a harmless link with a comics to two different ppl ? I don't see myself being the only one on this forum complaining about having their chats ruined, feels like trying to reason with walls here. The "standard" is crap and if you guys do nothing to improve it, more people will complain about it.

Would you like a refund?
Idk, can you give back time? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to, like being snarky/sarcastic ? So is ok to make people feel bad because is free? According to that i don't get you really, if this is full of scammers and there's no profit, why doing it ?

yeah after reading the whole thing, im with kitty here... being a snarky shit for no reason isnt always the play. just because you CAN reply doesnt mean you SHOULD reply Stan.

people are asking questions and for clarification on rules that are NOT well stated for this. also, bots sit in main all day posting phishing scams that go unbanned but if i send a couple song links to my friends in a PM im the problem? get off your high horse and realize there might be more to this than youre aware of... *excessive eye roll*
oh also:
This website has been around since 1998, I think, and FCN clearly knows what it's doing.
this is a bootlicker response... imagine i said this about the US goverment being around since 1776 so they obviously know what they are doing *clownface emjoi*

Back