Complaint No proof needed from mods

HaltCapsaicinStyptysat

FCN Regular
This is the second time I get banned for "loli" characters, this time because apparently the character of Reimu is underage. I'm not here to complain about the ban itself, however, I don't really mind taking a break from the chatrooms and I doubt even a proper ban appeal would get me anywhere.

What I'm here to complain about, however, is how it seems mods don't need to provide any proof of you posting underage characters. And I don't mean the "bro she's actually 300yrs old, she just look 10" shit pedos say. All the pictures of the character I posted clearly showcased an adult. This characters age isn't stated in any of the source materials, unless I'm mistaken, which is why I'd love to see actual proof of that.

This annoys me even more because I remember reporting one user for a profile pic clearly showcasing an artwork of a child engaged in sexual activity. This report was met with a response requesting me to prove the character is underage, even though she clearly had a body of a child. Why is it that I have to provide proof for the obvious, yet the mods don't need to prove anything and can ban you based on false information.

If I got banned because the character looked too young on one of the pics I posted, that's fine. Even if I got banned based on wrong judgement or misinformation, that is fine too. I'm fine with the ban either way and don't mind it and I'm not here to appeal, since the forums are not the place to do that. I don't look to start an argument over the ban itself, I do, however, find the whole situation quite unfair.

Reimu is 15 and a half by this time. It is now Summer and EoSD takes place, and TH7 takes place. She is 16 by IaMP

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/TouhouHeroes

Species
Human
Abilities
Manipulation of Auras, High Intuition, Flight, Summoning Godly Powers

Mid-teens (Windows)

Occupation
Shrine maiden

https://touhou.fandom.com/wiki/Reimu_Hakurei

There are two sources for you. These sources specifically state the age. There is nothing unfair about this at all

I did not mean the ban being unfair, I just found the whole "you need to provide proof but we don't" situation to be unfair. With proof now provided, I find the whole situation fair.

That being said, I wouldn't say a wiki managed by fans is a source material. The author of Touhou games himself refuses to state Reimu's age and even if the theories on this wiki are right, they are clearly outdated. If Reimu is in fact 16 by IaMP, it doesn't really mean a thing. IaMP is the 7.5th installment of the series and we are currently at UM, which is the 18th installment. (And it doesn't even mean it's the 18th game, since there are many X.5 and X.7 games)

The games lack concrete timiline past EoSD, which is why it's mundane to discuss a video game characters age, especially so when it's never stated by any of the canon materials. If she looks adult in the pictures I post and the only info on her age we have are outdated theories then I'd say the situation should be judged based on the characters looks and not on the fan theories. We're talking about a fictional character, after all. If someone posted a 20yrs old looking like a 10yrs old child they'd still get (rightfully) banned, so I find the whole "a fictional characters said age" judgement to be flawed at its core.

Mods are not anime-fluent. Some mods know a few things. Those who know will respond accordingly. Those who don't will respond differently.

There will never be a requirement for moderators to know junk about anime.

Of course, I don't expect the mods to know everything about the series they don't give a fuck about. I'm simply trying to clear up a misunderstanding while bringing up a topic I found a little unfair. It's a shame I don't remember the nickname of this user with a child on their PFP, bringing them up this way would make my point a whole lot easier to get through.

EDIT: And the mods not knowing these things is also why I brought up the dilemma of banning based on a fictionals character age instead of the characters looks in the posted content. It might still create problems since mods would need to individually judge if the character looks too young or not, but I think doing it this way would be much more "fair" in the long run.

The judgement of pictures representing fictional characters. I always thought there are clear rules as to how mods are supposed to judge things posted in the chatrooms with individual judgement required when the situation is uncertain, such as judging a fictional characters age based on their looks, so correct me if I'm wrong. I just think banning people for a fictional characters age, which can even not be explicitly stated (much like Reimu's age) is much less consistent and unfair than sticking to judging based just on their looks. It wouldn't create misunderstanding like this one. I even remember someone getting banned for posting a pokemon character, with the reason being that all the main characters in pokemon are kids, yet people are still posting pokemon characters all the time and go around unpunished. That's the inconsistency I mean. I know mods can't be around all the time to take care of it, but this content is posted pretty much daily in the roleplay chatrooms.

P.S. I actually searched for the said user - yngslut4olderpervs
The character on their PFP clearly has the body of a child, yet their account is still standing and when I reported them, I was asked to provide proof. I mean, seriously? You'd have to be blind to not notice the character is portrayed as a child.

That avatar is a face of a cartoon. Nothing to determine from that and unnecessary to report.

Is there anything else chat-related we can help you with?

Back