Archived "Not Authenticated" chat login error (2017 version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try a normal mode, then. Forum and chat cookies are connected. Maybe some important data loses continuity. FCN doesn't support "incognito" mode--use at your own risk.

To all, I had deleted a couple of previous accounts due to getting involed with a scammer/professional liar. The system would not authenticate my new account because of the email address. In the end I set up a new gmail account to use for this site and problem solved.
Hopefully my ignorance on this and ultimate solution will help others.

If you're unable to log into chat as a result of "Not Authenticated" error, try editing some profile aspects. One common and popular solution is to change the email address (Important: you'll have to verify the new email—and always check spam/junk mail folders).

This solution works for some, but not all people.

This error also often is a result of multiple account use—there's some conflict with cookies and other browser data. Potential solution is to clear cookies, cach and temp files.

Editing your profile's location info to non-conventional location data such as special characters, whole sentences, etc, may trigger the same or different login error. Either delete location details or edit it to a single word location.

You can also try a different browser (good way to keep multiple account logins separated on the same device).

Your mileage may vary.

If you have discovered a solution which worked for you, please share it.
Hey ho... need help to switch to Chatroom please. Dont know what Else i can Do to switch between forum and chats.

Please let me know what happened or what i can do.

Thank you very much ✌

I have tried all steps and still it won't let me log in. If I switch to a guest account it lets me log on, but logging on with an account it says "not authorized". I have changed email to another email and changed back it did not work, I cleared internet cache and it didn't work, I verified account and also checked spam folders.

We recommend logging out and clearing cookies cache after deleting previous profile and BEFORE CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT. Otherwise, it causes issues like you're experiencing.
An adjustment has been made to the chat database. Try again, please.

This just worked for me. I used an email I had already used for an old profile and I got the authentication error. What I did was going into my settings and changed it to another one and confirmed it. Logged into chat with that new email to verify that it worked then I changed it back to the original one I had. It now let’s me in with no issues. Thought I’d share

I couldn't log in with my old account due to 'tresspassing' whatever that means (had no issues accessing for ages). Deleted account & reregistered with new username & email. Clicked the verification email link & now says 'not authenticated' when I go to the old site. However, it allows me to access the forum & new chat room (which I don't particularly like) - what is going on & how can I fix it??

I couldn't log in with my old account due to 'tresspassing' whatever that means (had no issues accessing for ages). Deleted account & reregistered with new username & email. Clicked the verification email link & now says 'not authenticated' when I go to the old site. However, it allows me to access the forum & new chat room (which I don't particularly like) - what is going on & how can I fix it??

Creation of the new profile without deleting prior profile is whats causing your issue.

You can either go back to using your previous profile or delete previous profile, clear cache and cookies, wait until the other profile is gone, then try logging in with new profile. You could also attempt all the steps suggested in this thread.

Trespassing means trespassing and it doesn't appear to apply to you, but rather to a trespasser who is using the same network ad you are.

so I experienced the same issue just today like now.
I use mozilla private browsing to access the site everytime on my PC (clears cache & cookies).
First time this error has occurred. Ever.
I logged in on my phone - chrome incognito. No problems.
I then logged in on my PC private browsing as a guest. Accessed fine lagged a bit is all.

Editing your profile's location info to non-conventional location data such as special characters, whole sentences, etc, may trigger the same or different login error. Either delete location details or edit it to a single word location.

Had the signing in issue as from yesterday, tried this suggestion and it worked for me. Thanks.

Hi All

I have found a solution to this issue which I had been facing since last 24 hours. Stan thank you for your advice... here is what worked for me

A) Cleared all history caches cookies
B) Opted for forgot password and created a new password
C) Updated my profile and made some changes in all aspects

And Voila... was able to join... Hope it remains consistent and helps others too.

Pls free to connect with me should u have any doubts or questions in case have missed out on any steps.. it's way past midnight in India so may have missed out something but have tried to capture all as much i can recollect.

Good Luck

And yes last and the final thing I did was instead of the Google browser installed mozilla and tried through that as suggested by Stan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back