Request VPN's

Lakeside

FCN Regular
I know the site's policy regarding the use of a VPN, but lately, almost all the on-line security companies, Nortons, TrendMicro.. etc, are now including a VPN as part of the installation process. My security program is approaching renewal time and the upgrade will include installing a VPN.

Is this going to cause me to be no longer able to access this site?

I'm not IT literate enough to understand much about it. I usually just let it do the default install but in this case, the VPN will be included.

Thanks for your time

Ls x

If it becomes automatically enabled, simply find the VPN setting in the program and disable it.

Subscription software nowadays comes with live chat support, either in-app or on the web, dedicated forums, or you can call them if you're willing to deal with a foreign support tech rep.

A lot of people have the same questions and it's very likely to be widely answered in numerous places on the web. So if you get locked out of something like this forum or anywhere else, there are a number of above mentioned options to exploit.

Pro-tip: if you display enough frustration over annoying software features at the end of the subscription terms, they'll often cut the price just to keep you. ;)

I'll remember that. :) Thanks.

With any sort of luck, I wont even notice the upgrade. (Best case scenario)

Ls x

Update:
The upgrade went through seamlessly. I didn't have to do anything. The 'default' install is working fine.

It does how ever block all your advertisements.
Where the adds were, it now displays 'Firefox can not open this page'

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers

Ls x

Good that those advertisements are blocked because there are so many. Especially within the chat thing.

Good that those advertisements are blocked because there are so many. Especially within the chat thing.

That's the only source of revenue for the website and that's why it's free to you.

Anonymous forum use, anonymous photo upload, anonymous live-chat, saved conversations in forums, anonymous and disappearing private conversations in chat... You could pretend to be a female if you like, even, and no one would know. You could explore and entire alter personality in you--all at no cost and without revealing personal information and no silly apps to install onto your phone. Privacy policy of FCN is much better than policies of other services/websites. How great is that?

You should click on them ads once in a while, you know, for fun... >.>

That's the only source of revenue for the website and that's why it's free to you.

Anonymous forum use, anonymous photo upload, anonymous live-chat, saved conversations in forums, anonymous and disappearing private conversations in chat... You could pretend to be a female if you like, even, and no one would know. You could explore and entire alter personality in you--all at no cost and without revealing personal information and no silly apps to install onto your phone. Privacy policy of FCN is much better than policies of other services/websites. How great is that?

You should click on them ads once in a while, you know, for fun... >.>
I have accidentally clicked on those advertisements many times.

I know the site needs to raise revenue, hence why I told you the adds were being blocked now.
I'll assume some site software tweaking will be required due to the increasing use of VPN's included in on-line security software.

Ls x

Hi, sorry it's late to say.. But is there any chance of letting the use of VPN for those who are residing in India.. Because of the government rules most of the service providers are blocking this site and the only way to log in using VPN.. I am a registered member as you can see for a while and because of this recent events I was forced to use VPN to log in.. Yet my device someway or the other got banned because of using the VPN or residing in a country who spams a lot. Request the Mods and the admins to look into this matter

VPN use is highly prevalent among spammers, scammers and peddlers of illegal activity. With a high focus on keeping out such content and activities, it isn't currently possible to permit VPN/Proxy use.

We'd then have an avalanche of the aforementioned individuals registering, which would result in more problems.

Back