How Fast Do You Go?

Depends what time and what junctions Lupine,,can be a nice drive on the M6 sometimes,,
What's your favourite junction then and why? :) I'm more of an M3 guy myself but the A303 past Stone Hedge is magical, or it might just be the shrooms I've eaten?

Reactions: naz
I was asked to do a shoot on a bridge over the M5 I said no I didn't want to cause a accident can you imagine looking up and seeing my naked bum

I hate the Stonehenge roundabout on the 303 try it on a Vespa primavera with you car drivers going way 2 fast

TE="naz, post: 30911, member: 6681"]Lmao that would cause a big crash[/QUOTE]
Especially with my curvy bum

Hypothetical...

Road trip, long trip, you're in no hurry, but you don't want to take forever either. Pretend there's no speed limit, like the autobahn or autostrada (but not) - how fast do you drive?
Well I would have the window down and go around 80 MPH I would say. Assuming its summer out. Down to 60 MPH if its raining or snowing and of course if the cops are active or nearby. I will admit that I typically speed a good 10 MPH over the limit so yeah... Could use a road trip, haven't been on one in a while.

my gut says 90 mph!! FAST! (always wanted to drive the autobhan, but we have nothing like that in America) But then my brain contradicts said gut reaction with, "Can my car handle 90 mph before it overheats or breaks down? Am i endangering the life of my passenger, myself, and other safe responsible drivers on the road behind, ahead, and on the opposite side of the road. And then of course you need to have enough safe stopping time, or you'll decapitate yourself if your driving and a tractor trailer appears ahead out of nowhere." So 90 mph on straight long roads, where you can see ahead clearly sounds good. Then I'd use an app to show me where cars are ahead of me and on the opposite side of the road so i can anticipate them and my speed. A book of an answer? Why yes of course, don't mind if i do...;)

Living in Australia, we have the vast reaches of the Australia outback, where towns are often 200 kilomtres or more apart. The Northern Territory has many sections of open speed limit roads as well. Its why many of the big performance car makers often bring their latest rocket ships here to film commercials as its entirely legal. I will have to admit to a recent trip, distance roughly 1800 klms traveling right up the middle of my state. On quite a few occasions, I had the cruise control set on 260kph (about 160mph) for up to an hour at a time. My baby likes to run. LS1 Chev, 600hp, manual, its just no effort at all, really. The number plate is YEE-HAA. :) I also have a big bike, ZZR1100 and I have topped 300kph on her, but only once and I will also admit to needing a change of underwear afterwards. It's number plate is 00-BABY. Yes, I'm a rev-head from way back and did many seasons of circuit racing and drag racing so a little speed is something I am very comfortable with.

Attachments

• New Wheels 01 - 11-02-15.JPG
    New Wheels 01 - 11-02-15.JPG
    711.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ZZR Left Front.jpg
    ZZR Left Front.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 4
Living in Australia, we have the vast reaches of the Australia outback, where towns are often 200 kilomtres or more apart. The Northern Territory has many sections of open speed limit roads as well. Its why many of the big performance car makers often bring their latest rocket ships here to film commercials as its entirely legal. I will have to admit to a recent trip, distance roughly 1800 klms traveling right up the middle of my state. On quite a few occasions, I had the cruise control set on 260kph (about 160mph) for up to an hour at a time. My baby likes to run. LS1 Chev, 600hp, manual, its just no effort at all, really. The number plate is YEE-HAA. :) I also have a big bike, ZZR1100 and I have topped 300kph on her, but only once and I will also admit to needing a change of underwear afterwards. It's number plate is 00-BABY. Yes, I'm a rev-head from way back and did many seasons of circuit racing and drag racing so a little speed is something I am very comfortable with.

OMG, remind me to take the bus next time we go out. ;)

Lol I ain't got a favourite junction Kaen:confused: and I can't say much about M3 my routes are the M40 ,M1 or the M6 ,,,so sorry our ways our different ;):p
No worries, what do you look for in a "Motorway" then ;-)? Do you like a nice long one like the M1, that just seems to go on and on for ever? Or do you prefer the "girth" of an "8 Laner"? like the M6? then again I'm sure there's fun to be had just hanging around the services looking for lonely Lorry drivers? :) (I believe they "invented" dogging and as Michael Caine would say "Not alot of people know that!"

I can't understand excessive speed when other drivers are about. Humans are very unpredictable animals..only takes one tosser to suddenly pull out and bam! the only speeding you're doing then is on diamorphine whilst ventilated...

Back