Feedback Trivia Bot - Downtime & Malfunctions (and silly complaints)

I fail to see what the improvement with the new chat is. The layout is diffrent, but we still have the same issues with the bot (or Clive) just dissapearing and no way to get him back. Every now and then there is a prompt that says use /msg Clive ~restart, but that doesn't work, since it says there is no user online with that name.
I also remember how I was told that old chat was in unsupported "we don't give a damn anymore" -mode. I love how nothing has changed on that part either, since Medic posted that thing above two days ago. I don't know how long Clive has been gone, but from what I asked around in the room it's either three or four days.

I fail to see what the improvement with the new chat is. The layout is diffrent, but we still have the same issues with the bot (or Clive) just dissapearing and no way to get him back. Every now and then there is a prompt that says use /msg Clive ~restart, but that doesn't work, since it says there is no user online with that name.
I also remember how I was told that old chat was in unsupported "we don't give a damn anymore" -mode. I love how nothing has changed on that part either, since Medic posted that thing above two days ago. I don't know how long Clive has been gone, but from what I asked around in the room it's either three or four days.

I'm also sorry you're feeling this way. New chat, we do care. The recent "we don't care" update was for old chat, and we were only updating for new chat. So every time Clive is down now, we will bring him up as quick as we can. We all have different schedules, we all sign in differently, & we're doing our best. Please continue to use this thread for the future so we can know when it's down and can fix it.

Clive is offline. Is an admin capable of signing him in? If there is selective access to which admins can do this, could you publish a list here of which admins to seek out in the chat rooms?

So far all contacted admins have been responsive and helpful but it seems like only a selective list can help with this particular issue.

Last edited:
Since GamesChat Clive is now limited to do games only, and not speak,
can I request making the AskClive room's Clive into the "unlimited" Clive?

Because no one uses the AskClive room, as it's (currently) far too limited.

That way we can mess with Chatty Clive, while still occasionally doing riddles and trivia in that room,
without disturbing the more focused Trivia players in the GamesChat.

That way we can mess with Chatty Clive, while still occasionally doing riddles and trivia in that room,
Yess I support this....the new Clive is boring....we want the old multifunctional Clive back in games room...

It's the same Clive in GamesChat, no?

Can you expand on that?

Yes of course, there's currently 2 limited clives.

GamesChat Clive had a lot of extra functions before,
meaning in addition to games like trivia, hangman, and math games, he would also answer any questions, tell jokes, stories, and explain whatever you asked him and basically be a funny addition to the room.

He is now limited to only doing the games, with no other talking functionalities.

On the other hand, in the AskClive room, this version of Clive can only do the chat functions, so he can't do anything else.
So now there's 2 limited Clives divided into two rooms, one for games (with a decent group of visitors), and one for chat (no one really goes here much).

According to the mod that adjusted the GamesChat Clive, this one was changed because someone in gameschat found the extra talking-functions of other chatters a disturbance to their game-focus.
Whether that's fair is a discussion in itself, but instead of asking for that change to be undone,
as an easier solution for both opinions would be to have one "strictly-games" Clive and one "Full Clive" instead,
and not a strictly-games and strictly-chat division.

According to the mod that adjusted the GamesChat Clive, this one was changed because someone in gameschat found the extra talking-functions of other chatters a disturbance to their game-focus.
Someone actually complained about that? smh

Seemed to me that most people enjoyed chatty Clive and the camaraderie among users that went with it…maybe more opinions could have been solicited instead of making the change based on one person’s complaint *shrug*

Back