Feedback Trivia Bot - Downtime & Malfunctions (and silly complaints)

We've never had these complaints in Trivia. These instances will be very, very rare—not something to worry about.

Spam filter is applied globally. No way to exclude a channel.

Here's another one:
Questions where the bot asks for a year don't work anymore. They used to, but that stopped some time ago. Maybe a couple months ago, I'm not sure when, but somewhere second half of last year.
For example if the ansver 1960, people could spam the chat with every number between 1940-1990, but nobody else, including the bot, would be able to see any of those numbers. Only the person who says them would see what they say and nobody is able to give an ansver to the question, that is accepted.
I'm pretty sure this only happens with questions that need a four digit number for the ansver. Two digit ones do work, three digit ones are rare enough, that I can't tell and five digit ones are so rare that I don't remember seeing any ever.
Oddly some people are able to ansver the questions. I can do that sometimes, but usually it does not work.

Unlike my earlier complaint, which You disregarded because the occasions were rare, this happens a lot. Because there are many, many "name the year" questions on the list and most of them don't work, at least for most people.

I can second this observation. Noone sees when I type a year and same for many others but occasionally someone else can answer. Been happening since about October.

There's likely an anti-spam/scam implement which is causing the censor. We'll check, but if it's an anti-spam/scam measure, we won't be able to lift it.

Unable to find the issue. There's won't be anybody who will able to take a look at Trivia bot scripts. It's simply too much work. Maybe it'll fix itself once the Trivia is restarted (sometimes things fall back into place).

Unable to find the issue. There's won't be anybody who will able to take a look at Trivia bot scripts. It's simply too much work. Maybe it'll fix itself once the Trivia is restarted (sometimes things fall back into place).
Try removing the bot from the website and analyze the bot comparison to the website. Sometimes websites and bots don't mix because of code problems on both sides especially, because if there's chat servers involved with the website. If you look into both the websites script and bot script there might be issues similar to one another.

Trivia Bot escaped its pen sometime between noon and midnight EST. Is pausing Bot part of the preparation for the old chat server down time?

Have you tried Games room in new chat? It had a Game bot which has Trivia and more games.

Back